News provided by NewsYSJ.ca, and used with permission.
The thoughts and opinions expressed are not those of Oldies96 CINB-FM.
- Another jump in COVID numbers in the past 24-hours – with all but one of the cases in two provincial hotspots. Public Health is reporting 20-new cases – 10 in the Moncton area – 9 in the Edmundston region currently in LOCKDOWN – and one in the Miramichi region. All are in self-isolation and the […]
- Horizon Health is opening three more COVID testing centres within its coverage area. The new centres are in the Gateway Mall in Sussex – the Perth-Andover Baptist Church in Perth-Andover – and at a location to be determined in Sackville. The centre in Perth-Andover is now operational while Sussex and Sackville are expected to be […]
- The Edmundston region is now in the LOCKDOWN Level as Public Health tries to get the upper hand on a significant outbreak of COVID. The LOCKDOWN was imposed last night and will last a minimum of 14-days. Schools and a number of businesses are closed – stores that are allowed to remain open can only […]
- The city has issued a call for engineering services in the first steps to begin redevelopment of the former Coast Guard site across from Market Square. An original call was issued last July – but – some changes have been made to the scope and requirements. This request for proposals deals with the clean up […]
- Chief Medical Officer of Health – Dr Jennifer Russell – says New Brunswick has so far not seen any indication of the new variants of COVID. Cases of the variants have been identified in other provinces including Nova Scotia. As of this past Friday – Russell says 19 samples have been sent to the national […]
- A slight drop in the number of new COVID cases in the past 24-hours. Public Health says there are 17-new cases today including one here in the Saint John region. The Moncton and Edmundston regions continue to be the hotspots for new cases. The Moncton zone is reporting five new cases today while the Edmundston […]
- Health Minister Dorothy Shephard has outlined details of the restrictions under the latest version of a complete COVID LOCKDOWN. The Edmundston region goes into LOCKDOWN tonight at 11:59 for a minimum of 14-days. A number of businesses will have to close while others will remain open but with limited access and sales confined to essential […]
- The Higgs government is tightening restrictions for people travelling into the province. Health Minister Dorothy Shephard says the restrictions go into place at midnight tonight. Shephard says anyone entering the province will have to self-isolate for 14-days. Exceptions include those who travel back and forth daily for work – truck drivers – and those travelling […]
- A significant move in the battle against increasing numbers of COVID cases in the Edmundston region. The region will move to a full LOCKDOWN at midnight tomorrow and will remain in LOCKDOWN for at least 14-days. There are currently 129-active cases in the region and Chief Medical Officer of Health – Dr Jennifer Russell – […]
- The Edmundston region is going to a full “LOCKDOWN” at midnight Saturday in a bid to get control of the spread of the COVID virus. Update will follow.